Looking for a job in PCB manufacture?
Story posted 01/01/2015
Vacancy: Inspection Technician
Person required to perform inspection procedures to our PCB products using visual techniques, with various magnification equipment and machines. The vacant position will involve;
- Inspection and verification for both new and repeat jobs to both industry and customer standards.
- The use of calibrated measuring equipment.
- Fault finding and inspection to applicable standards, evaluating cosmetic and technical defects.
- Issue & validation of inspection reports.
- Use of our PCP2000 ERP system’s production module.
Ideally, the successful candidate would be able to demonstrate the following skills set;
- Good attention to detail.
- Able to work within an organised and well-disciplined manner.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office).
- Previous experience is desirable however not essential as full training will be provided for the right candidate.
Vacancy: Preproduction Engineer / CAM Engineer.
We are looking for a candidate to join our Busy Front End Engineering team utilising the latest generation of preproduction tools and software to assist in analysing and processing customer data prior to manufacture. The preferred candidate would have experience of PCB manufacturing and CAM/CAD experience although this is not essential as training can be given.
Overall Objective: To understand product, processes and equipment, in order to produce tooling and documentation for quotations and shop floor route cards using the PCP 2000 system. To panelise customer data to generate all necessary tooling using Frontline INCAM CAM system. To oversee manufacturing, troubleshoot product related problems and provide robust solutions.
- Communicate clearly in written and verbal format to all levels
- Liaise with customers, production, QA and management in the introduction of new products and carry out DFM studies
- Manage critical and sensitive projects on shop floor
- Introduce new products into manufacturing in a controlled manner
- Qualify and document new process routes
- Train operators in specific process requirements
- Improve yields through design of process
- Improve yields through analysis of failures
- Produce accurate Process Routes optimising efficiency and robustness
- Produce all required Production tooling optimising efficiency and repeatability
- Understand QA, material and PCB specification requirements
- Understand and work to meet KPI’s and target requirements
- Use common sense in decision making
Tasks: Performance standards
- Ensure instructions are clear and unambiguous
- Ensure quality standards are met
- Provide regular safety reviews
- Develop multi-skilling of operators through training
- Assist in manufacture of products
- Measure and agree capacity of processes and departments
- Make recommendations on process improvements for quality, productivity and cost savings
- Provide regular reports on progress of projects
- Provide written reports on problems and resolution, updating shop floor F.M.E.A.
- Be proactive in all aspects
- Observe all safety standards
- Perform other duties as requested from time to time
Training is available for candidates who may not be conversant in all of the following technologies we manufacture: Rigid HDI, Rigid-Flex, Pure-Flex and RF. Please send your C.V. to: email@example.com or call for an application form on 01438 751800. We look forward to hearing from you! (All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence and we are an equal opportunity employer).